Thursday, June 13

Caramelpalooza 2013 Recap

Going to Caramelpalooza was pure serendipity. I was just out and about in a part of town I don't normally go to for dinner... when I saw a sign. This event was being set up in the parking lot and once we finished dinner, it was perfect timing to visit this place for dessert. For more information on this event, visit Chow Bella.

As you can probably tell from the photos above, this was a food tasting event and we tried a lot of delicious things. Each item was based in some way on caramel. The first item we tried was this pure caramel. While lots of tables (each representing a different restaurant or establishment)did really different and special things with caramel, the first stop we were at just had plain caramel candy. It was delicious. 

I'm not sure what the item on the left is. It's some kind of caramel chocolate pecan turtle. I had a bite of it and it was alright tasting but one of the best shaped snacks of the night. To the right is whisky ice cream with salted caramel. I've never had anything like it before and it was amazing!

Roasted Caramel S'more. Sorry everything is in godawful lighting but seriously; it was dark, they were using stadium lighting overhead and I forgot I had flash. Okay, fine. Mostly because I forgot flash was a thing.

 This is a butterscotch pudding with salted caramel and rice pudding. Fancy right? This was my favorite of the night. 

It's at events like this where I realize that I just like to eat, but I'm not a foodie at all. Take a look at the following description, which I only remember because I took some video that night. These are brigadeiros which are made from a traditional Brazillian butter caramel with a sprinkling of African bird pepper and cayenne. It's coated with "fuitine" which is French Crepe done thin and really crispy. ...WOW, right? I can't even process half these ingredients. All I realized when I stuck it in my mouth was that it was surprisingly spicy for a dessert. 

This last one is from Essence Bakery, which I've talked about on this blog before.This is their crackball, which was a crispy and delicious puff of sorts. Very light and airy.

Which dessert looks like it'd be your favorite? 

33 comments:

  1. omgg heavennnn! The Smore one is calling my name ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my mouth water. Huge caramel fan here. Had no idea such events existed. Now I want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a lot of fun! love the bite size cute sweets

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG everything looks so yummy, I am now craving something with caramel! hehe

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at caramel ! I had no idea there was an event like this... last similar event i heard of was the "mango festival"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so interesting, we actually don't have any of these desserts you mentioned here, I would like to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm pretty sure this would be my second in line in dream dessert placed (behind a lemonpalooza) I would just want a bajillion of the plain caramels.And maybe the ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great find! everything looks and sounds so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm I wish I was there. All of those desserts looks so yummy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. my mouth was watering looking at those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, why isn't there a caramelpalooza where I live?! Everything from the whisky ice cream to smore look DIVINE! Have a lovely week dear and thanks for stopping by!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  12. We need thus Caramelpalooza too. You made me really hungry. Everything looks super yummy but the thing I'd like to taste the most is the whiskey ice cream with carmels :D

    xx

    glamdevils

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caramelpalooza sounds AMAZING!! I just love turtles so much!! This needs to come to VA!!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I totally wish I was there for this. YUM!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think that whiskey caramel ice cream sounds pretty heavenly. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the desserts are looking good! :)

    xx Marianne
    http://pictureme-m.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not much of a caramel person... BUT everything looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg stop it, this looks like the BEST DAY EVER. The food looks amazing....how do we not have a food festival like this is Australia. Very jealous!

    Couture Caddy x
    twitter / instagram / facebook

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Akit! It would have been my paradise! I am really greedy, I bet everything was delicious, I think my fav is the Roasted Caramel S'more:) Kisses and have a good weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. i don't really like caramel but that doesn't mean these food pics don't make me drool! yumm.. :D

    -Ira

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. they look so good!!would have loved to try the butterscotch pudding and the brazilian butter caramel!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like so much fun. The desserts all look so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  24. YUM! i want to go to this!

    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. this event is so me it's not funny!! love caramel.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh dang this looks so flipping good

    ReplyDelete
  27. ohmygosh, no way! i want all of them, haha! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Snoozer Loser NY Giveaway
    Persunmall Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think I would've just died it I came here, haha. Caramel is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Mmmm, food festival!!!! I think my favorite would be the one with the French ingredients b/c it was surprisingly spicy. I love food that surprises the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, that looks like a delicious event! Every bite you show seems really tasty, I would love to try them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!