Monday, July 29

Urban Picnic

I swear, this place has been on my to-do list forever. I think I first heard about this when it opened a few years back, but it wasn't until the fall of 2012 when I realized I was driving past it daily on my way to work. 

Urban Picnic is located in downtown Mesa, a very small and humble downtown if you've ever seen one. Their whole gimmick is to provide the picnic experience in a more urban environment. They offer sandwiches and salads. It doesn't sound too special... but when I arrived with my friend on a weekday for lunch, the place had a line that went out the door. 

Since I was so excited, I really tried to get the full experience (that means ordering a lot). I got an Italian creme soda. If I remember correctly, this was pomegranate or something like that. Nothing too special, but pretty darn good. 



Then their sandwich... I got a Caprese Sandwich with a side of Mac and Cheese. The Mac and Cheese was good but their sandwich is what I really want to talk about! This was a perfect blend of tomato, warm cheese, and balsamic. 

Overall, the restaurant is a little out of the way for me in terms of location but  I would not hesitate to go again!

18 comments:

  1. that sandwich and mac n cheese looks scrumptious! i would definitely go there :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Looks so good. One of my favorite things to do in Chicago is finding new coffee shops and cafes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the drink looks so refreshing and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm looks yummy !!

    OMG after seeing this I do really want to eat mac and cheese now haha :P

    Just uploaded a new post and would love to know your opinion on it :D !

    Have a great day :D

    XXX

    I l Love John Beerens - Review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooooh, the sandwich does look delicious! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks delish! i loooove mac & cheese. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I won't be getting there any time soon, but it surely looks and sounds good! Lucky people, who are around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aki, the sandwiches especially got my attention, look very good and in a perfect Italian way!:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. NOmmmmm, mac and cheese. Can it get any better than cheese and carbs?

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi sweetie:) I'm gamze, from turkey, a fashion blogger:) I like your blog, do you want to follow each other? kisses:)

    http://fashionfromsmyrna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to join you on these food trips you have...everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sandwich looks so good, I love this idea of an urban picnic:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this place sounds fabulous, love the picnic idea hehehe though I'd probably be more inspired to 'take away' and find a place somewhere slightly remote and have an actual picnic!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! This look delicious! I'm glad you got to try it. :)

    XO,
    SSDS

    P.S., I can totally relate to what you mentioned in your newest post about making the transition from student to working adult. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your food posts always make so hungry! That sandwich looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sandwich look so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!