Thursday, August 15

ELF Translucent Matifying Powder

Another item from the ELF Haul. I got this product especially for the summer. In the 120 degree weather, walking across a parking lot is no joke. If you put foundation on, prepare to have it all sweat off. I once walked across campus and then sweatily answered my phone... when I finished the call, I discovered that a ton of my tinted moisturizer had come off on to my phone. GROSS. 

I wanted to use a clear powder with no coverage to set my makeup. ... and the ELF Translucent Matifying Powder is what I decided on.







As you can see, there's a bit of color to the product but I don't think it really shows up on my skintone. However, this gives you crazy coverage. I don't like a lot of coverage because I feel like it makes my skin look fake and it's really obvious I'm wearing makeup. I have a few sunspots on my face and while I don't like them, I don't want them covered up either. I'm just  difficult, I guess. I wouldn't say it's a cakey look, but it's a poreless look and I find that very latexy. For those of you who are shiny and looking for something matifying with coverage, this is your product!

As for me, it doesn't do a great job of keeping foundation on my face. It works up to a certain degree, as in from my car to the parking lot is okay. However, I don't expect it to keep my foundation from sliding if I am going to be spending the day outside. That being said, this powder never claimed to be a primer or a setting powder or even longlasting. I'll use the rest of the product, but I think I have to invest in a face primer eventually!

9 comments:

  1. I saw ELF products here for the first time, and I've heard more negatives than positive! The price is ridiculously low, but I believe most times you get what you pay for. You can definitely find a much better product, I hope you find one that fits your needs soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it'd be great for people who are being photographed... but I'm like you-- I don't like a ton of coverage. Two of my friends have been using this product for about 2 years now, and they love it! :)

    If you're looking for a primer, I've heard that MAC has a few good ones. They're pricey though. I personally like the Clinique Redness Solutions Sunscreen that's tinted green as a primer. It's not made to be one, but it works just fine with my liquid foundation.

    Good luck! Finding the perfect makeup for your skin is so difficult!

    XO,
    SSDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about the Elf's products because I have never tried anything before!Thanks for your impressions :)

    http://lapetitetasse.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with your review. this setting powder is ok but i do oil up rather quick with this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the honest review! It's good to know your opinion on this product! :)

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like that fake looking finish either when it comes to makeup. I just want things to look a little smoother, but still natural. I'd probably pass on this product after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post and review!! Thanks for sharing!
    I hate a "fake looking makeup" also!

    caughtinvogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks 4 sharing!!


    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need primer! And my favorite setting translucent powder is from Bare Escentuals. With ELF, sometimes you just get what you pay for right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!