Monday, August 5

Phoenix Comiccon 2013

Phoenix Comiccon is the "southwest pop culture event". I went last year and it was an absolute blast. This year, I didn't take nearly as many pictures but I still do have some to share! 

Last year I went on Sunday, which was a rather low key day. I wanted to go on Sunday again this year but things didn't work out and I actually ended up going on Saturday... the busiest day! You see this intersection below? This got SO filled with people that we had to wait like cars while convention personnel directed traffic flow. 

As the day went on, the place got busier and busier. I actually went a few blocks off the convention for lunch and afternoon alcohols.

On the other hand, as expected, there were awesome cosplays all over the place. I was pretty bad about getting pictures with people though. There were always so many people surrounding cosplayers and I was feeling shy. 



The TARDIS, K-9 and some Daleks I saw last time were also there again.

This was one of the only pictures of myself I got that day. And I only took this picture to show my friend where I was in the convention center. 

This is my awesome friend and I. She's dressed up as Buttercup. I didn't realize she was so much taller than me!

Last year when I went, I wasn't really into gaming. But after Geek and Sundry came out with Tabletop, I'm in love with the concept of casual tabletop gaming. This entire area (about the size of a hotel lobby) was dedicated to tabletop gaming! 

And I actually have a clear shot of the Iron Man poster but I decided to post this one... because the fact that I inadvertently caught this scene is hilarious.

Lastly, this was another gaming room... but video games this time.

After seeing all that awesome footage from San Diego Comiccon... I realized I had to share my little experience this year!

15 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to attend one. They look like so much fun. You see so many characters!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun : ) and looks like you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that man in the Lumpy Space Princess costume. And the man by the Iron Man poster... Glad you had a good time! You and your friend are both adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband would be SOOOO jealous of you right now. He would die to go to any comiccon in the world. :P

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I would love to go to comic con one year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sounds like a fun event. My kids would love to be there.

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to go to Comiccon! And vidcon. And all the con's :D

    You should take more pics with cosplayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must have been a huge blast! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally awesome! when me and my husband used to live in new york we always went to the ny anime convention and comic con :) we haven't gone here in the VA/DC area. perhaps we should look up which convention is around this neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg it looks amazing!! i wish to visit <3 :(

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun! I've never been, it definitely looks interesting! And I remember the power puff girls! Haha so awesome!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. comic-cons have always intrigued me. never been to one but i would love to attend, not to dress up but to actually see those that fully put effort into their costumes. they're really amazing!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should totally dress up next year! The costumes are so fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!