Monday, September 23

ELF Liquid Luscious Lipstick in Perfect Pink Review

Though ELF describes this as a lipstick, the high shimmer and liquid-y consistency reminds me more of a gloss.


The "lipstick" is rather sheer, but buildable to a degree. The color is decent on me but nothing like the perfect summer color I found from Soap and Glory. The natural color of my lips are a bit dark for this gloss to look flattering, but that's a personal issue. It doesn't seem to last too long on me (an hour tops) and it is super duper sticky. I don't mind sticky glosses when they're sticky for a reason, but this one just gets on my nerves. One aspect that's great about this gloss is that it's super shiny. However, the super shiny look isn't something that I'm always into. If you're looking for that though, this is the gloss to have! 

Ultimately, this was only a filler item from ELF that cost a dollar, so no harm done. 

17 comments:

  1. yeah I tried it before and I thought it was a bit too sheer as well. I still like their eyeliners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colour! Shame you weren't a fan of it.

    Bella . BELLAETC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good review my dear. x

    Http://www.stylemecurvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review!

    Maggie
    lovestylehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh sticky gloss. I avoid it because all that happens is that my hair gets stuck all in it. And there are few things I hate more than my hair being stuck to my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ELF products are pretty hit and miss, I find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color looks gorgeous in the tube, but wonder how sheer it is as you say. Nevertheless, it was only a dollar... hehe~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty color. But hey, it's ELF. I never expect good long-lasting products from ELF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to find really quality ELF stuff, but hey, they're cheap, so it's expected. I think these lippies go best over lipstick-ed lips for a bit of sheen.

    To answer your question: I usually custom frame my prints, especially if it's something I want to display for a long time or if they're limited prints. A friend of mine, though, bought this display fixture from Ikea, I think, with movable clothespin-like attachments where she hangs her prints. She just changes them up when she feels like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes a good gloss is hard to find. I like the color of this one but I think the super sticky factor would annoy me too! But hey, you can't beat $1!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like a pretty colour but I don't think it's something I would like, not a fan of sticky glosses!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a big fan of glosses, especially when they're sticky! The color is pretty though :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty color! I'm more into lipstick lately though. I've been hearing that E.L.F. is a great budget beauty brand!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ugh, i hate when super pigmented glosses arent even that pigmented. it's always so disappointing :( buuut if it's only a dollar then whatever, haha!

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried anything from Elf
    I like this shade:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not into super shiny looks either lol but the shade looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!