Monday, November 11

Featuring... Call of the Styled Coat

It's been a while since a style post, hasn't it? We'll, I've been on a Modcloth kick lately and so when they asked me to join their weekly Polyvore Outfit Challenge, of course I agreed! I love the Modcloth style, especially their dresses. My shopping tip? Stalk the Sale section like crazy!

Today, I'm featuring their Call of the Styled Coat. I'm a really basic kind of girl and I live in Arizona, which means I only need to own one sweatshirt for our "Winter". I had a lot of trouble styling this coat. Yep, it's still high 80s here.  
Featuring... Call of the Styled Coat


If I wore this coat in AZ, it'd definitely be something I throw OVER an outfit, wear for 15 minutes to walk from one place to another, then take off. I paired it with a rather neutral ensemble inside. The mustard yellow works well with the blue coat, the golds and neutrals make cute appearances all over the outfit and the purse ties the outfit in with the coat! There are no real fashion risks happening here... but it's cute and easy!


How many coats do you own? Do you mind what you're wearing inside the coat too?

23 comments:

  1. i live in new orleans so it stays warm here too. i have a plethora of coats i never wear. so i understand how you feel. that coat from modcloth is cute. i love the outfit you paired with it.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have six coat and if i won't sit in somewhere i really don't care what i'm wearing inside the coat mostly :)

    http://rebeltakipte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute look! That coat is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh here where I live winter is pretty cold so I need coats. This one is very pretty and I like the way you styled. Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only own 2 coats that I use when I travel as where i live it's always summer.
    Both are black, one is a trench for fall and the other a bit heavier for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Luckily" I live in a colder climate, so I get to wear coats that serve a purpose too :). I own a puffy down jacket, one long wool trench, and a red peacoat/trench. The puffy is for weekends. The wool trench for work. The red one when I'm feeling craaaazy, hhaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i own A LOT of coats. and i spend quite a bit of money on them too. they're the thing the people first see so you want to look put together. they're also going to last a long time so its better to invest in a good one. i probably have...20?
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a cute coat!! We have several as in VA we get all four seasons. It's freezing today so 80 sounds pretty good! :-)

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! I'd already be wearing that here in Utah. :) I love the mustard skirt, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wished I live in a country with the 4 seasons so that I could throw on as many coats as possible. i've always have a thing for outer wear but it's summer all year round where I come from. I like the way you do up the outfit on polyvore. Looks professional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish i could wear a coat everyday! sadly i live in tropical place, but id love to wear those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute look, especially that coat. Love it.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That coat is so cute, love how you styled it and yeah i own waaay too many coats! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's a cute coat! modcloth is usually so out of my budget haha!

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love Modcloth and this coat is really cute with the hood!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a real thing for jackets--especially ones like this with a hood---very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My coats have been pretty boring until I bought a moto jacket this year - and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its gets cold where I stay once in a while but the last few years have been warm and we've not had much of a winter. However, this year looks good because its been getting chilly so I'm really looking forward to covering up! I love coats and jackets :)
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know what you mean. I live in LA and the temperature is baring dipping below 70s. Love how you styled that coat. I will have to steal this look when it gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice tips and outfit
    http://blazefever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!