Monday, December 16

RnR - Oldtown Scottsdale Restaurant Review

It's hard to describe Oldtown Scottsdale to people who don't already have a preconception of it. It's a nicer neighborhood in Phoenix. It's also an older area. (Older, of course, in Arizona terms means 1970s.) Perhaps, to Gatsby fans, describing it as West Egg would be most appropriate. For the college aged, Oldtown is known for their clubs and bars, which I've never been to. What I do see every time I pass by are countless restaurants... all full of awesome.  I've mentioned a few other restaurants from Oldtown Scottsdale (Lolo's Chicken and Waffles is close, Modern Steak is at the mall in Oldtown, Sauce is also adjacent.)

Today, I'll bring you to RNR. RnR is a two story restaurant that's most known for their brunch. I went there for dinner though! One of the items we ordered the Southwest Burger pictured here. I didn't taste the burger but was assured that it was good. Combined with the price, the burger was given a "decent" rating. Definitely tasty, would have again, but no rush to return. I stole several of the sweet potato fries, however and YUM.



I got these ahi tacos which, despite the small serving, was SO GOOD. This had seared ahi tuna, sweet bell peppers, daikon sprouts, Asian peanut soy vinaigrette, guacamole, pico de gallo served on jicama tortillas.  I thought the blend of flavors was really unique and exquisite. From the list of ingredients, it's clear that they blended several flavors together. The jicama tortilla, though, must have been my favorite part. The crunchy texture with the tuna was amazing. 

Best of all, they gave us a 50% off coupon for brunch the next time we went in... as long as we brought the receipt. Which, of course, we lost. I think this means I get to go back for both breakfast and dinner!

21 comments:

  1. That's some good lookin' burger! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, the fries looks so appetizing!:) Kisses Aki! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never been to phoenix but this sounds like a great neighborhood and looks like a yummy restaurant too!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM. Sweet potato fries are my favorite, and the tacos look amazing. You should definitely go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg those ahi tacos! They look so good...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy. I never tried sweet potato fires. I really have to.

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. it may be 8am, but this all looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks so tasty, sweet potato fires yummy!

    www.jodiesjunk.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that burger looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your blog! :)
    would you like to follow each other via Bloglovin?
    www.lusciousstyle.blogspot.com
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  11. that burger looks amazing! I'm craving a decent burger :(

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  12. That burger looks absolutely delicious! I've only been to Arizona once, but the food I tried while I was there was so good. I had a ton of great Mexican food that was hard to not divulge in. So yummy.

    Always,
    Mostly Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those ahi tacos seriously just made me drool a little bit all over my computer. I was in Tempe earlier this year which is right next to scottsdale, right? Man, I should've gone to this place!!
    Christy
    Sunny with a side of...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh gosh, those ahi tacos definitely look like something right up my alley. And how nice to get a discount for your next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoa that burger looks NOMMY! and those ahi tacos are so pretty they look like art work! was the ahi taco's a entree portion or was that an appetizer?? lololol i'd still be so hungry after the ahi tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks so tempting <333

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Overall, it sounded like a great deal. Those ahi tacos look so good! :D
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. YUM!! I'm drooling over that burger, and the ahi taco looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!