Main Links

Monday, January 13

My Life is Average Mondays: When You Don't Feel like Talking Anymore

I'm sure we all have times when we are talkative and times when we feel like being alone... but do you ever just not feel like talking anymore? In the middle of a conversation?
via weheartit

For me, it'll go like this:

Friend: Hey, how are you doing today?
Me: Good. 
Friend: How's classes/work?
Me: Pretty good. It's pretty busy right now, but I like being busy. I'm learning a lot to be sure.
Friend: Me too actually. -shares relevant story-

Then I think of a relevant story to share too. And I really want to tell my friend. But I realize that it's going to take so long and I have to say so many words. I start talking faster and quieter until I'm just so tired that I just wish I could telepathically tell her the rest of the story. Or type it. 

"Yeah... That reminds me of the time when... You know my professor? The one I told you about before? Well, he's teaching the income class, right? And when we were talking about ... It was last Wednesday right after the rainstorm when hecameintoclassandhewascompletelywet..." 

And then I give up. 

Do you guys physically tire of chatting... or is it just me?

17 comments:

  1. haha not only you, me too! but i usually try to finish what i was saying in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no no..happens to me too! Maybe cause we have talked even too much and have nothing to say anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not you at all. Sometimes I'll be talking to my bf on the phone and he asks me what I did that day and I will literally say "not much" because I don't feel like telling him about something that happened at work knowing I'll have to explain too much. Then he "yells" at me because he feels like I'm being too secretive. It's not secretive, though, it's lazy lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that much of a chatter, myself..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do have those times.. And sometimes they come right in the middle of a conversation which makes it worst ;)
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've definitely felt the same way! it just takes so words to fully tell a story correctly that you just have to be up for it sometimes. fortunately for me and my husband, we're pretty good about reading expressions these days so we don't have to talk as much!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to stay quite, I enjoy silence sometimes.
    Carolyn | BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for leaving such a darling comment on my blog!
    Haha, I guess I'm quite lucky to have a boyfriend who doesn't mind not speaking - good thing since I also work from home a lot!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually a bit of an introvert so I definitely understand that feeling very well. I don't like small talk and it's hard to talk after a while. Sometimes... silence is really and truly best.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha! i think this a lot actually...i end up just saying 'anyway!!! i'm boring myself"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea, there are definitely times I feel that way! lol your example made me laugh out loud :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I only think that people, like hubs, get tired of hearing me talk :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right, I do feel like not talking at all on some days. But the fact that nobody wants to understand that makes it just so much harder - everything is okay, I just don't feel like talking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like we are so similar, I definitely have times like this too!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, and then I tend to overshare... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  16. Same boat. N and I have a thing where we are allowed to EF (Effort Fail/Forfeit) in the middle telling/explaining/arguing something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!