Main Links

Thursday, February 6

Olive and Ivy - Oldtown Scottsdale Restaurant Review

Okay, I think I've pretty much tried all the Fox Restaurants in the Valley that I want to try. For my other reviews on this chain of restaurants, see my reviews on Modern SteakCulinary Dropout and True Food.

This last restaurant? Olive and Ivy. Olive and Ivy is located next to a few other Fox Restaurants in Scottsdale, but it is a tad pricer, which is why I haven't visited before. However, my boyfriend made surprise reservations one night! 

We really splurged on the exotic. This is the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. It's served with spaghetti squash and tomato agrodolce which is a sweet tomato sauce. It was really delicious. I don't have pork tenderloin often and I never have it with any of these fancy sauces. 



And random artsy photos.


This is my dish, the veal and spinach ravioli with parmesan and mizuna. This was a relatively small dish, which is just as well, because if it had been any bigger, it would have been too rich. The ravioli was the perfect texture and a lovely two bites. The sauce here was amazing too. If I had a piece of bread, I would have cleaned my plate. (I think I attempted to clean my plate anyways.)
Overall, good restaurant, but just not within my day to day price range!

17 comments:

  1. these look so nice ;P

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious. Kinda jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Olive & Ivy. Love this type of hearty food. I think Scottsdale would be fun to visit some time.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Chic Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I adore spaghetti squash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks food! anything with parmesan sounds good lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo the food looks so yummy, especially the last pic. I always like the creamy type foods, so bad for me but sooo good

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food sounds absolutely delish and its nice to splurge every once in a while. Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That last dish tempts me very much! Nam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummmm i love spaghetti squash!!!

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ravioli looks amazing! It's nice to splurge once in a while. I like smaller portions at restaurants so there's room for dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks so good <3

    www.the-goldensoul.blogspot.com

    XOXO,
    Inês

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmh, that food looks so good! Especially the last dish :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. ...and now I'm hungry! :) Great review.

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food looks delicious and love the strung up lights!

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I actually came here when I was in town for a seminar. I didn't eat a full meal, but I tried their bruschetta which I loved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!