Thursday, March 20

New Purse & SammyDress Review

The prices on this website can't be beat. There. I said it. Forget whatever qualms you have about quality with ordering from foreign sites because if you're looking for something trendy to wear for a season or two, you can order it from this website.

Let me start from the top. I'm sure that if money were no object, we'd have nice things all the time. But for most of us, money is an object. In fact, it's a huge obstacle in our goal to BUY ALL THE THINGS. So then there's a little give and take. You can buy less. You can buy cheaper items. You can wait for deals. Most of us choose a combination of these options. Nothing new here. I go cheap for items I use and abuse as well as items trendy, one season items. 

Scarf: Francesca (Gift)
Shirt: Urban Outfitters (Old)
Jeans: H&M (17.95)
Bag: SammyDress ($19.94)
Boots: Ross ($21.56) 

This black bag from Sammydress definitely fits into the use and abuse category. I've tried my hand with expensive bags, but there's just too much up keep for them to be worth the value. Maybe I'm too rough, but my 300 dollar bags and my 30 dollar bags go through similar wear and tear. 



While luxury brands continue to appeal to me, there's too much to worry about since none of the executives in my office carry such expensive items. So, cheap bags it is!

When I first opened this package up, the purse was disappointing. The outside of it is less structured than I had imagined; travel had made it quite misshapen. This disappointment was quickly overcome as it bounced back into shape when I was investigating the purse. 


The Appearance: It's a standard black color with gold zippers (a look that I love!). There's four gold metal feet on the bottom. The outside is covered in little bumps (which I don't usually like) but it looked so unique that it really appealed to me. 

 The Handling: The bag has two stiff handles that stick straight up. They're perfect for carrying in your hand, or elbow and even work for putting over your shoulder. There's also a longer strap that can be attached. I'm quite impressed with the long strap as it seems very sturdy. Broader straps are always more comfortable on your shoulder. Two points I dislike though. First: the hook pulls up the area of the purse it links to. Overtime, this probably won't be good for the purse and it's unsightly. See large picture above. Secondly, the handles attached to the purse stand up... they always stand up. It's a bit awkward if you are carrying it by the longer strap since it can flop out to the side (see third picture).


 The Compartments: This bag is an absolute goldmine of compartments. First, there are two compartments on each side of the bag. These have zippers. You can't fit too much in these comparments without misshaping the bag, but small snacks, cards or earphones would be perfect here. On the outside of each side of the bag are two pockets with fairly tight magnetic snap closures. The inside of the bag holds one big compartment with magnetic snap closures. If you put too much stuff in here (as I am prone to do since this is generally the only pocket I use), it will have trouble closing. However, I wanted a smaller bag to discourage myself from carrying my life around. Definitely in love with its storage capacity. 

Overall? Love it. I would order more purses from Sammydress in a heartbeat! They're stylish, good quality and affordable. 

23 comments:

  1. Cute bag! And I only have a handful of "expensive" bags and you're right, I totally don't use them that often b/c I'm afraid to ruin them. My current cheap bag is an Old Navy tote that totally looks like leather. My sister hunted down the snakeskin version and I've been using everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bag. I never heard of this seller before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love cheap bags!! i collect alot of them lol! you got a nice bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to check this site out. I have the same problem as you when it comes to bags; I need something that will last daily use and be just the right size (not over-sized and cumbersome, but not too small that I can't carry what I need for the day), but also look good. Stiff straps are convenient for carrying and not getting in your way when you're not using them, I also hate straps that stick up all the time ,too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that's too bad the straps stay up all the time. It's a pretty cute bag though :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like the different strap options, which is also great for a travel bag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, you look adorable!

    And that bag looks lovely! I've never heard of the store before. Might take a look at it.

    Halima
    Fashionicide // Fashion, with a difference
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. i actually wear my designer bags all the time! and there's actually nothing to worry about in regards to the shirt i'm wearing slipping. it actually zips all the way up!

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that bag! I am definitely in the market for a new purse so I should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bag sounds great! Also, that scarf looks cute on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bag looks very nice. And you look beautiful in your attire.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey beauty you have a really nice blog,love your style,taste and pictures .Visit my blog,and if you like it, follow me on gfc I will do the same =) Have a nice day =)
    http://www.obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birmingham Catering Hire are pleased to announce the launch of their new website at www.birminghamcateringhire.com. After six months of development, and countless cups of coffee, the new website is finally live. This new site builds on the industry leading original site with the aim of an improved customer experience, better layout and increased functionality. Since its launch in 2011 Birmingham Catering Hire quickly established itself as the UK's leading online only catering and event hire store. As well as an improved website the new store also comes with an increased product range a whole new category in our specialized http://www.birminghamcateringhire.com/exhibition.html section, along with approximately 150 new products.
    New features and functionality is constantly being added. Soon you'll be able to amend your order online within 48 hours of your event, credit account facilities and also the ability to pay for your order in installments.
    To celebrate the launch we are offering 10% off all orders during March. Simply enter the code 'New Website' into your shopping cart for an immediate discount.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice bag :)

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute dress. I love the perforation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me likes! My kind of outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the purse and the oufitttt. and you're pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colour of your scarf is so nice! You look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have to say that the bag looks really nice and the price is unbeatable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!