Thursday, April 3

American Taco Shop

American Taco Shop has always been by my college... but I've never been. I've always regarded it as a small, dirty, hole in the wall place. When I went there, I found it I wasn't necessarily wrong. It was small. Despite a large, clear sign and its location at the corner of some major crossroads, it was hard to locate. Lastly.. while I was there... there were flies. 



However, there was something that was really awesome about the shop that made me love it. The fact that its atmosphere was not amazing only added to its charm. Somehow... it was more authentic. These two carne tacos came at a very low price (less than 6 dollars) and were made with delicious fresh ingredients. Each bite was crisp and refreshing. The meat worked wonderfully with the cool veggies to make each bite savory but light. American Taco Shop is a chain store (at least in AZ); I highly recommend you visit!

16 comments:

  1. I've had the best tacos at the most not-so-posh-looking shops. Keeps prices down, I guess! ;o) Those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for tacos from grungy looking places - those have never done me any wrong (same goes for Chinese food)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would kill for some authentic hole-in-the-wall Arizona tacos right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my goodness that looks amazing. and i totally get you! i love locations that add to the charm because they don't look so great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh we love a good taco!! :-) Looks yummy!

    Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its always interesting how you find the most amazing food in the unlikeliest of places, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM
    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've actually never heard of American Taco Shop, but I'm a huge fan of tacos! Especially with a mean guac.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That taco looks incredible! I LOVE hole-in-the-wall places. It's like knowing some kind of secret when you find one. We totally have our faves wherever we travel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hole-in-the wall places are usually surprisingly good. and LOVE tacos, those look good.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love a good tacos and being a foodie in me, i am always in hunt for food. Thanks for sharing.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review, I'd love to visit that place, those tacos look delicious xx

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a good price and they look incredible! I love tacos.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. *drools* this looks good, glad it was a nice one c: Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!