Monday, December 15

Maybelline Stormy Sahara Lipstick Review

Let me be the first to say that lipsticks are dangerous. I was never into lipsticks because most of them would eventually wear off, but now that I've found about about stains and long lasting lip products, I'm obsessed. My collection expanded from the one that I've had for many years to 5. I know that's just a haul's worth to a lot of you girls, but for someone who keeps a modest makeup collection, it's a lot. 

Most of the colors I have are pretty vibrant--bold reds, bright pinks and corals, dark berries. However, when I saw a ton of reviews go up for the Maybelline Buff's Collection, I grew intrigued. I still didn't have a "My Lips But Better" shade. 

Enter Stormy Sahara. This shade is quite nude against my lips. I don't have to think about what colors I'm wearing or apply it carefully in a mirror. However, I don't think this is the right nude for me or the particular pigment of my lips. I might venture out to try something else in the line! I most use it now to "nude out" some of my other lipsticks since it's so moisturizing. 




Do you have a "my lips but better" shade to recommend?

15 comments:

  1. I'm not into lip sticks/butters/etc. but I'd recommend Cover Girl's Classic Pink blush for a "my cheeks but better" shade :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it this shade is very natural and perfect for everyday
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lipsticks too! I don't really wear nude shades anymore (I prefer going for shades of red) but I used to Love MAC's lipstick in Syrup which is a natural shade, it's really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very gorgeous lipstick. its such an amazing color for this winter. I love it :)
    check out my blog too maybe we can inspire eachother? or follow, let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh it looks like a really pretty colour and the formula sounds lovely. I've not found a perfect my lips but better shade, but I'm definitely on the lookout! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always go for some nude pink when it comes to lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found one recently from Revlon when they were all the rage. I acutally ended up using practically all of it and went back to purchase and the color was gone. Yet these lipsticks were just released ... what happened? I hate when stuff like that happens.

    Happy New Year!
    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been buying more lipsticks lately too - they just make me feel more put together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! It looks great in the swatch and with your skin tone. And it's also an neat name for a shade.
    http://littlegrimoire.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like nude/neutral lip shades... or just some regular chapstick. :) Clinique chubby sticks are great and come in a wide variety of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it depends on what color your lips are naturally pigmented, but gloss-wise i like nix butter gloss in strawberry shortvcake. i also like mac prabal but that's limited edition. maybelline has some lipsticks that are kinda like lip butters that are natural-toned.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This of course depends a lot on my mood but Pink is the color for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've heard a lot about the maybelline nudes collection and this lipstick colour is gorgeous ! i've been super into the brown/nude colours lately ! recently i picked up taupe lipstick from mac (reddy-brown matte shade) and cairo from the nyx matte lip cream range (gorgeous brown nude) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!