Monday, January 12

Happy New Year: What I Would Have Worn + Discount Code!

I hope everyone's had a very happy new year and that you've still kept your new resolutions if you made any.

As for me, I had a lovely little holiday season and got sick towards the end. I was sick at the same time last year, so it wasn't terribly unexpected. Now I'm heading into a fairly busy time at work... don't be surprised if you don't hear from me for a few months! 

Since I was sick during New Year's Eve, though, I couldn't wear out my lovely dress! 


Tights: Forever 21 (Old)
Boots: Ross ($21.56)

Now please indulge me as I share a little about the dress. It retails for almost $150, which is NO small sum to pay for a casual party dress. On top of it, I wasn't really sure what to expect. Not everyone looks good in bandage dresses! As you may have possibly guessed though, the reason I'm writing this post is that I was pleasantly surprised. 

The dress certainly has quality--it's very heavy and will NOT fall apart on you. Secondly, ... well, look at me! Trust me when I say that the dress really sucks me in, especially in the tummy area which I always struggle with when wearing form fitting clothing. The feel of the dress reminds me a lot of shapewear, but still breathable and comfortable. Overall, I'd absolutely order from them again, especially if I'm doing something like a Vegas trip. They also have some pretty cool looking leggings and swimwear

Finally, you can use the code SEVEN15 to get 15% off at the Kewl Shop

34 comments:

  1. Great outfit ! :) I like this dress, colour is beautiful !
    I follow you via gfc. Can you follow me back ?:)
    http://kasjaa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress looks gorgeous on you! I have a bandage style dress too and was also really surprised to find how sturdy the fabric is, and yes it definitely sucks me in too which I love! I hope you enjoyed the holidays xx

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn girl! that dress is so flattering on you! :)

    ephemeralfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! Too bad you didn't get to wear it. Did you also get a haircut since the last time you posted a photo of yourself? Hope work doesn't get you too bogged down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look gorgeous!!!! lovely dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely dress! Hopefully you're feeling a lot better now, good luck with the business of work! x Jenn

    www.augustweekend.com | Every look tells a story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress looks so good on you - you're definitely going ot have to wear that out somewhere. Also, still loving the haircut

    ReplyDelete
  8. this dress is sooooo cute. hope you're feeling better now and having a great 2015! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ;) you look great! get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fantastic, such a beautiful dress! I'm loving the color and the detail, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful dress! Love the rich cobalt blue shade and pretty scallop design!

    Prudence
    www.prudencepetitestyle.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute!

    http://www.julliettka.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful dress, it looks amazing on you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a cute bandage dress and I'm not a huge bandage fan. I love the scalloped detail - it really gives it a softer, more feminine vibe. Also, that color is gorgeous! Definitely an item you can pull out again in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been by in quite a while, but I'm happy to see a style post from you! You look absolutely stunning--the blue suits you so well, and I love how you paired it with sleek black on bottom. Your hair is so pretty as well!

    Also, thank you for your thoughts on my last post. I'm really sorry to hear you were scammed--I'll definitely pay more attention to any fishy-sounding deals. I'm happy that this sponsor worked out well though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful dress; the color is bold and fun and it looks good on you.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. looking great! happy NY! xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress looks really cute on you, I'm sure you'll find somewhere else to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. woow so sexy! eheh I also quite like your bob cut :) It's so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look awesome girl! That dress is so fun!

    Jenn
    A Petite Treat

    ReplyDelete
  21. That dress is awesome and you look awesome in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw, too bad you didn't get to wear the dress out, it's adorable! I love the color and the fact that it looks a little like petals. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really liking the bright color and just the shape of the dress, looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Perfect look, love this cute dress. ^^
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  25. awww that dress is super cute! and you look great on it

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too bad you were sick, but I'm sure you can wear this fabolous dress for another occasion!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dang, girl!! You look amazing and that color is great on you!! Also I just need to say again that I love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is a cute dress, such a lovely colour on you!

    Hope you are feeling better again soon!

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  29. that's a one great looking dress! I usually can't pull off bandage dress either, I guess I need to check out this website! You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE the blue! so vibrant!
    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a gorgeous dress ! you look stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for visiting my blog! I hope, in the six months since New Year's, you've found an occasion to wear this pretty dress. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!