Thursday, March 5

How to Find Work Staples: The Cardigan

If there's one thing I learned since I started working (other than all the work related stuff) is that work staples are super important. These staples pieces make dressing for work easy. They ensure that you're always polished without putting too much time or effort into your appearance. 

Now, all our styles are different, but here's my list of staples I can't live without and always want more of.
1. The Cardigan
2. The Drapy Shirt
3. The Pencil Skirt
4. The Pump

There are endless patterns you can mix and match. A million different quality points, price points and textures and materials. I'm going to be doing a post covering each of the four essential items. It's basically what I wear day in and day out! 

1. The Cardigan 
The cardigan can be short sleeved, long sleeved, or my personal favorite, 3/4 sleeve. The colors and patterns are endless and you can find them anywhere from thrift stores to the mall. They're probably already in your own closet. Cardigans cover up bare shoulders in a conservative office, and keep you warm in a cold one!




In terms of types of cardigans, here are the ones I think are essential.
Long Muted Cardigans
 Long Muted Cardigan - The Long Muted Cardigan is perfect for typing an outfit together. Its understated color helps it work with every single outfit, whether drab or bright. The long length helps streamline your figure if you're having a bloaty day. 

 Bright Pop of Color/Wild Pattern Cardigan - This cardigan is the focal point in an otherwise plain outfit. It should attract all the attention. 

 Cropped Cardigan - This cardigan is needed because of those unique shirts you may have. You can't exactly wear with a peplum shirt with a cardigan that cuts off at the same place on your hips. 

 Warm Cardigan - I love it when my warm cardigan is also the slouchy cardigan. I love wrapping myself in warm cozy things and I think this is perfect for that.

21 comments:

  1. That maroon one is calling my name... but I'm with you. A girl cannot have enough black cardigans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want them all...even though I already own at least six cardigans...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing!
    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sooo many cardigans!! Can't wait to read your recs on the other staples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good cardigan, comfy and go with pretty much everything! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cardigans! They are the perfect layering piece. I have multiple black cardigans because I'm always layering them over dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cardigans are the perfect day to night piece :)

    The Latest. Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love cardigans but things change I love structured jackets..i guess it comes with age lol I agree with u its good to invest good pieces for work:) to look polish and presentable:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't beat a good cardigan- love these picks!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  11. One can never have enough cardigans! But my husband believes the contrary. LOL

    -Jan
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Post! I own so many cardigans but my office is like a refrigerator so I always need something wrap up in. :-) xoxo

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cardigan is indeed a work staple or in my case the perfect thing to wear to university :) I prefer the really long ones without buttons.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! Great post! Your blog is so beautiful! I do really like it! You did a great job! I’ll be happy to hear you opinion about my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's so hard to find a good cardigan, but you got some good choices here! thanks for visiting my blog!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. cardigans are a great work essential! I like the tight fitted ones, they're always flattering! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am not much of a blazer girl myself (I find them too constricting) so I live in cardigans. I am really into slouchy and comfy right now. Definitely a staple for work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love cardigans to tie my outfits together. plus i'm always cold so it's nice to have layers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!