Monday, March 23

OVERHYPED?! - Milani Liquid Eye Pencil Eyeliner Review

The OVERHYPED?! Series is all about if a popular product deserves all the attention it gets. Today, the Milani Liquid Eye gets put to the test!





 This pencil liner is all about having that liquid effect, application and texture in pencil form. 

The Milani eyeliner isn't quite as dark as liquid... or even as gel, but given the ease of pencil liner application, I'd say that this is a very dark, relatively creamy pencil eyeliner. As far as pencil liners go, the application is very lovely. It takes a minute to set and after that, it does smudge after rubbing, but nothing less. The staying power is average. It'll stay on perfectly for a lunch or dinner, but wear it to a day of work and it may leave you looking a little bleary eyed after eight hours. I tried wearing it for longer but by then it was smudging like crazy. 

By no means is the eyeliner hard to remove with makeup remover. Overall, I'd say that it's a great eyeliner, but by no means a holy grail. I really wish that this liner had a smudging tip to help smooth it out, since the pencil does dry a bit with age. 


What pencil liner are you using right now? Would you recommend it? 

19 comments:

  1. looks nice!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have deep eyelid creases so whatever makeup put on it, the makeup creeps into the crease. Do you have the same issue? Even products that say crease-free or whatever don't work for me. I used Urban Decay waterproof eyeliner for a while. I found some colors to apply smoother and more pigmented than others. That was annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love milani and jordana eye pencils. Cheaper than the high end stuff and they still look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like IT cosmetics pencil liners, although I always prefer liquid. I have this Milani one and it works nicely but I only reach for it once in a while

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know! I have pretty strictly been a liquid/gel on the top, pencil on the bottom kinda gal for many years now, but it's always nice to know what's out there in case I ever change my ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing!
    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm using a Stila pencil now, I highly recommend it too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so difficult to find a pencil liner that doesn't smudge. I line my lower waterline and I'm using Koji (a Japanese brand). It used to stay on but now they smudge at the corners. Still trying to find my HG.

    Jo
    Jo's Jumbled Jardinière

    ReplyDelete
  9. My holy grail eyeliner is the Physicians Formula eye booster 2-in-1. You should give a try. It's one of the best drug-store eyeliners I've found and is affordable. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so NOT over hyped :P
    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still looking for my holy grail eyeliner. Eyeliner is so tricky. It seems hard to find the perfect one
    $300 Shopping Spree Giveaway at Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  12. xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great review - my go to eyeliner is either Maybelline or Revlon.

    - Audrey
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. miss you!
    xx.
    M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't use eyeliner, but I've found Milani products, in general, to be great deals. I've been impressed with the lasting power of the two nail polishes I bought from them, especially since both cost less than a dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of it before but I don't use any eyeliners anyway. Ahh it's soooo difficult :D

    xx glamdevils.com / miasmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!