Monday, September 28

MLIAM: Back to Business! (Obviously, to defeat the Huns.)

I don't think I've taken as long of a break from blogging as I have just recently. I think part of it is being less interested in writing about these things as I have more friends who I talk about beauty in real life. Slowly, as I was concentrating on doing things, documenting them fell to the wayside. Since I last posted in March, there have been a lot of changes in my life.

First and foremost... I moved to Seattle, Washington! From the sun and dry heat of Phoenix, Arizona, I moved myself to the exact opposite weather. It's a huge move. I feel like Seattle has a huge blogging community (just to name a few awesome bloggers; She is Lovely, SWEATshirt DRESSshirt, the demure muse), so I really want to try to get back into the swing of things to meet people. What does this mean blog-wise? 

Weather Talk - I have to admit, I am straight up obsessed about the weather. Many people talk about the weather as small talk and think it's a boring subject, but I love it. From the clouds to this Seattle mist-rain, everything is new to me. How it can be in the 50s in the middle of summer? It's over 100 degrees in Phoenix... but not in the 110s, yet. Looks like it's going to be a mild summer there. I can't wear the same thing during the summer here in Seattle as I did back home! These may all be run of the mill ideas but having weather is exciting to me. 

New to Seattle - I have had my complaints about Phoenix, but one of the things I love there was exploring my city. Now, I have an entirely new city to explore. What are the hip new restaurants in this city? (I've head Tom Douglas is a god among restaurateurs.) What foods are unique to this city? (Seafood!) Do locals actually go to Starbucks with all the other coffee shops and roasters around? (Yes, I think...) And that's just food. Apparently camping and hiking are huge in this city too! I've never been much for the outdoors, but I have committed to trying a few hikes and a camping trip because why not? I've heard that sailing and kayaking are also activities that people do. There's so much out there to explore. It's like a new lease on life. 

Life Lessons - With all this change, I also want to get on my high horse and dish out some life advice. And I think I'd really like other's input as well. Some of my favorite posts from bloggers are ones where they talk about personal challenges, goals and how to get motivated. I don't even know what I want to accomplish, see and do in this life time, but I know that there's so much out there I adore.

Hopefully, this marks the return to a normal posting schedule! 

4 comments:

  1. welcome back! excited to hear more about your move to the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see that you're back and can't wait to hear about your new home and the challenges you run into there. Definitely get outside, especially during the fall, and let us know about all the outdoorsy activities you do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Seattle when I visited! Have fun exploring and loving your new town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to visit you in Seattle, darling. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!