Monday, November 9

How to Find Work Staples: The Pencil Skirt

I love staple pieces for work. There's a million patterns, cuts and colors you can get, but if you stick with the formula, you never really go wrong! Part Three of my Work Staples Series focuses on the Pencil Skirt. 

3. The Pencil Skirt 

I’ve found that you either love these or hate these. I think I’m the one girl in my office who loves pencil skirts to death. I find skirts more versatile than pants since I can wear either heels or flats with skirts. 
Pencil Skirts



The Plain Black Skirt - As cliché as it is, I love my plain black skirt. No matter how crazy I do it up top, I can always balance it out and maintain my professionalism with a plain black skirt. 

The Crazy Patterned Skirt - This skirt is for when you want to keep your top half toned down. 

The Colored Skirt - I find my plain black skirt most practical and easy to match, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want pencil skirts IN ALL THE COLORS. I’ve seen some gorgeous fall looks with mustard colored skirts, festive holiday looks with cranberry red skirts, and adorable sailor themed looks with navy blue skirts. 

The Textured Skirt - You can have any type of textured skirt you desire, but I actually love my lace skirts. I have a few black lace skirts that I adore. The texture keeps it funky and interesting… but subtle enough that it’s not immediately noticeable.

If you liked this post, please see Part 1: Cardigans and Part 2: The Drapey Top.

12 comments:

  1. nice skirt!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of the textured skirt. It is mild in color but has a little bit more pizzazz than the others. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty skirts!

    God bless,
    XO, Claire
    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing post dear! I invite you to join a Giveaway on my blog:

    theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2015/11/phone-case-giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. chic!

    xx.M
    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a little black skirt, though I've yet to dip into pencil skirt territory - I'm short, and they make me feel like a kid playing dress-up! :P

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice! i don't think i have ever hated pencil skirts but for some reason i always thought they would be super uncomfortable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love pencil skirts as well....i think they are essential to every woman's work wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pencil skirts are definitely my go-to for work. Except for Fridays, because then we can wear jeans. Lol. If only I could wear sweats or pajamas to work...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!