Monday, December 28

Healthy Snacks for the New Year?!

Now that Christmas has come and gone, we've just got New Years to go before we, as a society, feel bad for what we've consumed, how little we've moved and set goals for the New Year. I know that whatever your philosophy toward new year resolutions is, we all like to improve.

So many I'll just approach this topic from my point of view. I have a problem with overeating... I just really like food that much! Planning my snacks out helps me fix this problem, so let's bring healthy cereal bars in to the conversation. There's a lot of brands out there! Nature Valley, Kind, Luna... Each offers its own benefits and draw backs. Recently, I was introduced to another brand - Nakd bars. 


They sent me a variety pack, and I was seriously impressed. There was a time in college where I used these snack bars to supplement meals and as study snacks. Now, I eat these in that 10am period and that 3pm period before and after lunch. Here's what I liked and disliked about them!

Variety of Flavors - Look at these flavors! With some other brands, there were generally only one or two flavors I really liked, but these come with so many! I especially like the seasonal flavors like Pecan Pie, Christmas Pud and Gingerbread. Now, I will say that I haven't gone through all the flavors and that some flavors do taste pretty similar, but I also haven't encountered any I dislike!

Price - Health food can get expensive, and cereal or protein bars are no exception. Nakd bars are on par with its competitors, clocking in at a little over a dollar per bar (without a sale). I've heard that some would pay more for their healthy snacks but for me, I like to compare to vending machine snacks. It is about the same as a bag of chips for $1.25, but much healthier. Can't argue with that! Free shipping in the US too!

Availability - I think this is a drawback. Whereas we can pick up many other kinds of cereal bars in our grocery stores, I've only see Nakd online. You definitely have to put in a bit of extra effort to purchase it, but like I said, at least shipping is free. 

Natural Ingredients - This is not an super important criteria with me, because in my opinion, I'm winning as long as I am not eating chips (or hot cheetos... mmm. Hot cheetos). The ingredients in these bars are much healthier than any other bar I've seen. These bars are made JUST from fruits and nuts with no added sugars. See above, there's just dates, cashews and raisins in this bar. Sure, that means they're not covered with chocolate drizzle or coco nibs like the other bars I eat, but that commitment to natural ingredients is something to be admired. I know exactly what I'm eating and it's all for energy... no fillers involved. 

Check out their products here! Also, see below for a product shot. It's not beautiful. But it is tasty. 


16 comments:

  1. They sound like great flavours, and a perfect snack for on the go :)

    Hope you had a merry Christmas!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year :) -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, dear! Hope you had a wonderful X'mas. Following you at GFC & would love to have you follow me too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a healthy way to snack! Things like that are my go to breakfast in the morning when I don't have time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmm although hot cheetos... sigh those are my kryptonite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm those look good! I love the many flavour options and they have festive ones too! Unfortunately, it's probably not free to ship to Canada which is a shame.
    Thanks for sharing though :)

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I've never known that they made so many different flavours! I guess now I do! haha thanks for sharing, I'd like to try them all, especially to cocoa one :)

    Grace x
    www.queenbeach.uk
    @the_queenbeach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my all of these bars look absolutely delicious and the packaging is very cute as well.

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOU HAD ME AT "SEASONAL FLAVOURS". Embarrassing as it is, I get suckered into seasonal flavours/anything limited edition that's of interest to me. I'd be all over 'gingerbread' and 'Christmas pud'. But damn, these sound tasty *-*

    ReplyDelete
  10. oo these look tasty!!! I could do with a cafe mocha bar in the morning!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha I just blogged about the same thing. I have a tendency to overeat and one of my new year's resolutions is to eat a more reasonable calorie amount. Glad you found a healthy convenient option!

    TIFFANYXOXO.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look good! I like Lara bars, so I think I would like these too. I'll be on the lookout for them. Thanks for sharing.
    XOXO
    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think there's only one brand of bars I actually like at the moment. When I was in school I tried them all out because they were flat and portable and easier to carry in my bag than real food. :) It's good you like them and the ingredients sound nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look seriously good.
    Hello, Gorgeous? That is so cute! I am wowed by the packaging itself. Makes great gifts too. Wish I had found out about them earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look yummmmmy I love healthy snacks!

    http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. they are some of my faves!! luck you to get a whole box!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!