Monday, March 28

OVERHYPED?! - Revlon Lip Butter in Sorbet Review

This series is about those products that you've heard so much about. But, if for some reason, you've wondered if they're overhyped, there's this review for you. Right now we're probably all looking for the next bright spring lipstick, something nice and moisturizing and in a pretty coral or pink color. Well, then your search will probably take you to the Revlon Lip Butters, which came out a few seasons ago. Here's my review... are they OVERHYPED?! Find out below:

The texture? Definitely creamy. But what about all the other qualities?





Despite being creamy and moisturizing, if you have dry lips, you'll still have to exfoliate them well before applying this lipstick. As you can see above, the color is sheer. But worry not as it is also quickly buildable. The lipstick slides over your lips leaving a subtle glossy effect behind. Despite the bright shade of this lipstick, it's actually a relatively natural color on the lips. It only settles a bit into my fine lines. The lipstick doesn't moisturize my lips any, but at the same time, it doesn't dry my lips out either. 

The transferability is low on this lipstick, which I'm SO thankful for after other products have left my coffee cups with gross red smudges. While it doesn't transfer, it's also not incredibly long lasting. One would have reapply every few hours. The lipstick wears off pretty evenly, another trait I'm a huge fan of. Overall, I'd say while this is a good lipstick... it's still overhyped. 

19 comments:

  1. I like the packaging a lot too. ^^; I worry this might look a little too bright with my complexion to be work appropriate but might give it a whirl sometime anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honest review! I think your blog is lovely by the way, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Revlon lip butters. They help a lot for dry winter lips.
    Wonderful honest review dear :)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a gorgeous color, it looks great!

    xoxo Emily
    ditchtheheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are a classic!! I agree though - definitely need to exfoliate before applying any of these on the lips!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review.

    The colour is nice, my kind of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice colour, dear! I think you'll look great in it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your blog and all of the lace details! I really enjoyed your review and have heard so much about these, I always wondered what they were really like :D gorgeous shade though, very light compared to the bright packaging but nice and natural! I've followed you on GFC :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is by far my favorite drugstore lipstick. I bought it in so many shades and the quality is better than some high end brands.

    www.shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww too bad you didn't like this! I was mad for these when they first came out and have 3 shades. I think the awesomeness varies between shades and the more vibrant ones fare better, but I think at the time they were released they were really great but now there are much better formulas out there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard great things about these products, shame that they don't entirely live up the the hype. This looks like it's a nice colour too!

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree, Revlon lip butters are a bit overhyped. I remember when everyone collectively lost their sh*t when these first came out. They're pretty moisturizing for a lipstick, but like most other products with a lot of pigment, they aren't extremely conditioning.

    Have you tried L'Oreal's Colour Riche balms? They came out around the same time as these, but are way more moisturizing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Revlon lip butter before and they dry out my lips if I use them every day for more than a week. I much prefer Almay Smart Shade Butter Kiss, it's more pigmented and moisturizing to the lips.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember when these came out a few years ago (?) and I had bought 2 colors - a nude and a pink. Definitely a nice creamy texture and buildable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I enjoyed reading your post dear.


    ** Join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    BEAUTYEDITER.COM
    INSTAGRAM @BEAUTYEDITER

    ReplyDelete
  16. sheer colors can be so hard!! I definitely feel that. Kinda a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I still have a few of these. I've never really been a lipstick/gloss kinda girl so I never really cared for them before. Now I'm all about the long-lasting liquid matte lipsticks. It lasts all day and I don't need to reapply.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!