Monday, August 8

Chicago Trip Recap Day 1 & 2

Like in the vein of my Seattle Trip and my Scotland Trip, I love recounting my vacations. It's basically another way to relive them over a full year ago, I went to explore Chicago for a few days. 

Thursday - 11/6/14 - Landing... and prompting sleeping


I had planned to land late in Chicago. With my flight delayed, my late flight became even later and I ended up reaching my hotel at 10pm, when most restaurants were closed or closing. With no dinner in my belly, I opted to order a deep dish pizza from Giordanos. Then, I watched a bit of golf and called it a night. 

Friday - 11/7/14 - Financial District, Miracle Mile, Cloud Gate


an indoor market
Friday was the day I had planned for most of my outdoor activities. After waking up in the morning, I made my way downtown to the financial center. While there were plenty of tall buildings, I didn't find it oppressive. In fact, I really like the city feel of it all. With waking up late, I ended up grabbing a waffle at a place called Wafel. It was a Liege style waffle, which I realized I had never had before... and it was delicious. From the financial district, I walked to the shopping area/Magnificent Mile. 

While I didn't get anything, I took in the sights of the festive stores and large crowds--that's just a scene you don't get in Phoenix. Eager to try some hot dogs, I ventured into the fast food joint called America's Dogs. This place featured about 20 hot dogs based on the traditions of major US cities. This was when I realized I was a NY girl at heart, because I ended up with a NY Dog. 

After the lunch pitstop, I made my way to Millennium Park. This is where the infamous Bean is. I actually really like the park. It was a bit smaller than I imagined (or at least all the lankmarks were pretty close together). It definitely seemed like a lovely place to hang out if it wasn't super cold outside. From there, I walked to the museums to get to them right at closing time... oh well! I took a few pictures of the scenery. 

After a day of walking, I realized that it had also gotten progressively colder and colder. my feet were tired. My skin was cold and dry from the wind. A yelp search and a few blocks later, I found myself myself in a lovely warm restaurant, resting my aching feet and with this delicious bowl in front of me. I had an entire hotpot all to myself at Tamarind. This was so much food and it was so delicious.



16 comments:

  1. I've only been to Chicago once and it was the dead of winter. I hear summer is the time to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the US despite living in Canada now. LOL! Maybe one day I'll make a trip to Seattle.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been to chicago several times but only during the coldest months. it was horrible. but i did get to go one year during the fall and i had gone to downtown chicago for the first time and was in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun trip!
    Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know, and I'll follow you right back :)

    www.moderngirl.dk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have friends that are now living in Chicago. I hope I can visit them one day. Anyway, your trip sounds really fun! :)

    Melissa the Mermaid ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I see is food... lol~ I must be hungry or pmsing. They look good and always good to remember the fun memories!

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hotpot looks so good! My SIL goes to Chicago a lot, and she said out of all the American cities, this is the one that's like our hometown Toronto. Must visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been to chicago a couple times, such a lovely place!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chicago is suuuch a fun city with SO many killer restaurants!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning scene! Beautiful travel moments :D

    Stephanie | www.stephykeung.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The food from America's Dogs look YUM!

    https://www.laurenslifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like so much fun! I'd love to visit Chicago in the future. I've heard so many beautiful things about it. :) Hope to hear from you soon! x

    Love, Airish
    Gorgeous Glance
    http://www.airishabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like such a fun trip! I have friends living in Chicago.

    Face to Curls | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Chicago looks absolutely majestic with all those beautiful tall buildings. Millennium Park sounds amazing. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!