Monday, November 28

Walrus and Carpenter (hello, again)

You may have noticed that I haven't posted in a few months. I'd say work has gotten away from me, but I say that every few months. I think it's time to come to terms with the fact that ever since I started working ... 4 years ago, my posts have become a lot more sparse. If you actually look at my post history, you can find out exactly when that was. I'll explain in another post what I've been doing in the meantime and what this blog will look like in the future, but for now, please enjoy this restaurant post! Everyone enjoys some yummy food, right? 

----

The Walrus and Carpenter was a restaurant that I wanted to go to during my first visit to Seattle, but it wasn't until recently that I actually made it. 

As an oyster lover, I really enjoyed the place! It's a tiny hole in the wall, but gorgeous decorated. I was seated at the bar and saw the cooking process first hand, which was very interesting to see what was done by hand and what was prepackaged. 

If I had any tips for visiting this place, it would be: 

1. Visit during off peak hours. Since the restaurant is so small, even a few small parties fill the space up. 

2. Go with a small party! Because I was only dining with one other individual, I was immediately seated at the bar. If I had others with me, I'd definitely be waiting for a few more minutes 

For starters, we got oysters! There's a great 50% off HH, but again, space would be a big issue at such a peak time. 


Next, we had the smoked salmon. I would not recommend this. While it was good, it was pulled straight from a package. In its place, definitely get the fried oysters. The couple next to me ordered this and it looked great! 

Lastly, because I would not leave without having dessert, the bread pudding. This is one of my favorite desserts and Walrus and Carpenter did not disappoint!

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing alright - keep us posted on your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see your update and everything is fine. Life, works. It is everyday thing.

    I love fresh oysters. This place is definitely for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, just look at those oysters! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dessert looks amazing!! And I totally get posting sporadically. I went on a year long hiatus and am working to make a comback. It's tough trying to fit it all in! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get you on not posting for a few months. When I started graduate school, I just shut down my blog for years. Glad to see you're back, though! I had oysters up in Seattle and they were just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so delicious!
    Have a nice week-end!
    Gil Zetbase
    http://gilzetbase.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't posted in months either. There's never time! That food looks delicious. I'm eyeing the dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope work will be less time consuming for you!

    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. The food looks amazing! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!