Monday, January 2

New Year Resolution Reflection

Now that it is 2017, I wanted to reflect on some of the goals I set out in 2016. Just comes along with loving the planner community and the bullet journals!

1. Stop worrying about work for the next 6 months. Long story short, I got on a project that is long, unique and outside of the office. For the past few months, I've been extremely worried about about the project. 

Goal Achieved? Mostly. 

My reckless optimism was unwarranted. And it got a hell of a lot worse before it got better. The worst bits had be crying in my car everyday after work. The best bits gave me so much perspective. 2015 was such a great year for my career. It seemed like I found success in everything I did. 2016 was quite different but I'm still at the same job, so it can't be that bad! 

 2. Keep Active. I'm not going to set a goal of losing a certain amount of weight, but I do want to keep active and moving.

Goal Achieved? Not really. 

I didn't even go to the boxing gym I signed up for 12 times in this past year. I have found success in wearing a fitbit and keeping my updated with my stats and my steps, for most weeks. I'll probably reformulate this goal somewhat for the new year. Typical... This was when I did step outside for once to Deception Point.

 3. Write letters to friends. 

Goal Achieved? Barely. 

So, yes. I have created several letters to be sent to friends. I have purchased water colors and practiced brush script (which still looks awful compared to others). I have not actually sent out a single letter. But that's what the new year is for, right?

 4. Cook! 


Goal Achieved? Indirectly. 

So, I have adequately developed my cooking skills in this past year. I have tackled cake making, sangria mixing, and various other dishes. But, my SO, has improved by leaps and bounds. He's gone from making very ... meaty steak to making Thai food, Korean food and improving in American, Mexican and Italian. It may not be all my skill and effort... but I'd call this one a win. Also, I made an entire dungeness crab! 

 5. Travel out of the country. 

Goal Achieved? Yep. 

I had already booked the tickets for my China trip at the time i wrote this last year, but I think the year's been pretty solid in terms of travelling. 

In this next year, I definitely have goals that I'll have to reformulate and try for again, but all things considering, not terrible! 

12 comments:

  1. All the best in achieving your 2017 goals. You can do it. Best of luck.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for 2017, thanks for stopping by to say hello! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's important to reflect on what goals worked (and which didn't!) so you can adjust- I need to do more of this!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are definitely good life goals and things that we can all work on :) Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful round-up, babe! Happy 2017! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reflecting on the past year's goals is a good idea, for sure! I think it's beneficial, especially as you start to set goals for the new year. Best of luck with all your 2017 plans and goals!

    Kathryn • simplykk.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked your honest reflections on your goals! I didn't really make any, but maybe I should! Hope 2017 is lovely to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love booking vacations for the upcoming year because it's good to look forward to something so yay for china!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you achieved or at least made progress with almost all your goals--congrats! // Worrying less is so much easier said than done, so good for you :D // I remember during my freshman year of college, I was determined to send postcards to my high school friends. I bought a bunch of postcards at the beginning of the year and even wrote notes on all of them, but after that I totally forgot about them until I was packing up at the end of the school year, so I mailed them off right before I left for summer break! // Anywho, happy 2017! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love snail mail and it would be so fun to write and receive actual letters but, like you, I might never get around to sending them either. I'd like to learn how to do brush script and improve my handwriting this year so maybe by 2018 I'll be good enough to write letters and actually send them. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a good idea to reflect your New Year's Resolution. I should do one for this year. Anyways, you achieved one at least. :)

    http://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this post about reflecting on past goals. I have a habit of setting resolutions, failing and forgetting or just forgetting altogether! I should try this approach! Great post! x http://wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!