Monday, August 21

Fitbit Fever

Ahhh. Owning the Fitbit. How many years has it been since these gadgets first came out?

Like most things, I'm a little late to the trend, but I've had 3 fitbits for almost 2 years now and I am absolutely loving it. 

They say that people who get devices like this usually let go of them within 6 months. I've have seen many friends do this, but I think I found a device that I truly love as I have been wearing mine for almost 2 years. 


Here's what I like and what I find useful: 

1. Sleep Tracking 

For a few months last year, I used a sleep tracking app. While the app was great, what I didn't like about it was having to place my phone on my bed. It's quite difficult to do that while sharing a bed! Overall, the Fitbit does a better job than any apps I have seen. Specifically, when I take naps on the weekends, the Fitbit captures that! I can monitor my sleep without having to remember or enter in sleep and wake times. The Fitbit also takes into account those hours when you lay in bed looking at your devices... this is my worst habit! I'll stay up for hours reading blogs after I "go to bed". 

2. Step Counting 

Step counting may be just a gimmick, but I think it's one that's working. I live on the second floor, and for the first 3 months, I've always taken the elevator. That's just what I do, you know? No matter what the floor. But with this Fitbit, I'll take extra steps and climb more floors. I'm much more willing to park a little bit further or walk a few more blocks downtown instead of wait for a time when I have my car. 

3. Competition with Friends

This is the feature that I have been using the most often. Basically, this allows you to have a 1 day, work week, or weekend competition with your friends. The people at my office have been doing a work week competition for a few weeks now... and it's a blast. It makes me go to the gym or at least walk around a bit more on days when I am perfectly content to veg out on the couch.


Do you use a fitbit? Let's connect! 
Leave a comment below if you're interested and I'll get in contact! 

7 comments:

  1. Totally getting one for my birthday this weekend and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cool gadgets and also i have one from last six months, thanks for sharing.

    iphone 6s covers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own MiFit which is basically the same concept as FitBit but different name. Anyways, I love using it as it tracks my sleep and steps. It's so interesting to see how I've been doing each day :) I love how cute yours looks!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a fitbit once but sold it when I got my pebble smart watch. It can track all sorts of health things and tell time and other things!

    http://dreaming-arcadia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have one but been thinking of getting one.
    http://doreensstylediary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh makes me want a fitbit even more!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!